Formerly at Bolt, Maia Pedro is the Influencer Marketing Team Lead at Bitpanda, an Austrian investment platform for crypto, stocks, EFTs & more.
Maia & Avery talk about everything he's learned from starting and growing an influencer team in the crypto space (a highly regulated industry).
Some nuggets you'll uncover in this episode:
- Why Maia's briefs are never longer than 3 pages
- Why sharing your expectations with creators is fundamental to good relationships
- How Bitpanda handle content approvals with complex regulations in different countries
- The core audiences Bitpanda want to reach (and why they look outside of crypto creators)
- How you can teach creators what's working from past campaigns
Highlights & timestamps
- [05:12] What was Maia's first priorities when starting as influencer team lead at BitPanda?
- [06:26] Hiring influencer marketing agencies for BitPanda to move faster
- [07:55] Agency vs. in-house: what's the long-term plan for BitPanda?
- [09:55] BitPanda's objective with influencer marketing & how they developed an influencer strategy
- [11:15] The 4 key audiences BitPanda targeted with creators (spoiler: only 1 of them is crypto fans)
- [11:52] Why marketers need to look outside of their core niche to find creator partnerships
- [14:09] How Bitpanda collaborate with creators to craft a 3-part story around crypto (when they don't usually post about crypto)
- [17:23] How Bitpanda approach onboarding & briefing with new creators
- [22:26] Attribution & tracking: the process Maia went through to track as much performance data as possible
- [31:25] Teaching your creators what kind of content converts best
- [35:46] The content approval process for influencer creatives at BitPanda
- [42:03] Communicating regulations & disclose requirements to creators
- [50:12] A general overview of BitPanda's influencer marketing: processes, number of creators, priorities