After spending time working in China with Douyin (the TikTok-equivalent), Fabian brought his experience west and joined HSE to implement social commerce strategies into a traditional live shopping business model.
Fabian & Avery talk about how brands can introduce live shopping as part of their acquisition strategy (+ involve creators in the process).
Some nuggets you'll uncover in this episode:
- How much budget you'll need to test live shopping with influencers
- Why TikTok & Twitch creators are typically better than YouTube/Instagram for live shopping collabs
- What kind of products work well with live shopping?
- How the future of live shopping with creators looks
Highlights & timestamps
- [00:51] Fabian's background, and how he got into social commerce / live shopping in China
- [04:25] The business model behind teleshopping companies like HSE & QVC & how they collab with creators
- [08:54] Fabian's role at HSE: bringing creators & social to a traditional telesales business model
- [16:55] The common pitfalls & mistakes brands make when adding a creator to their live shopping strategy
- [20:50] A hypothetical example: how a pretend gymwear brand could introduce live shopping with creators
- [25:00] How much should you be ready to spend to test live shopping with influencers?
- [26:07] How to find creators for live shopping collabs
- [28:43] What kind of products work well with live shopping?
- [32:18] The north star performance metric for live shopping
- [34:15] At what point do you decide it's working & ready to scale?
- [40:07] How Fabian thinks about training creators to be successful at live streaming