Siim Säinas & Avery cover the past, current, and future of influencer marketing. Siim's thinking on influencer marketing has been shaped from decades spent studying the data & measuring marketing effectiveness.
In an all-encompassing conversation, he shares his thesis that creativity is the only way to unlock massive growth.
Some nuggets you'll uncover in this episode:
- How marketers should approach creator partnerships to unlock growth
- Why giving creative freedom to creators is so important
- The future of influencer marketing is messy & ambiguous & why that’s exciting
Highlights & timestamps
- [05:07] Siim’s major learnings after 12 years measuring influencer partnerships
- [05:18] Why new relationships take a lot of effort for the value they provide
- [08:20] Why marketers are taking the wrong approach to influencer marketing
- [11:15] The role of the creator & the responsibilities of marketers
- [12:04] Creative excellence & the change from follower graph to content graph
- [16:51] Why giving creators creative freedom is imperative to influencer marketing success
- [20:14] Siim’s & Avery’s thoughts on the future of influencer marketing
- [24:17] What global companies miss out on when they use checklist & committee marketing
- [30:11] The X factor