The world doesn’t need giant media organizations to tell every story. The world needs millions of creators. Independent voices who bring weird, wonderful stories to life online.
We’re working to help every creator earn a living.
Modash is a growing creator partnerships platform that helps brands scale their partnerships with creators on Instagram, Tiktok, and Youtube. We’re looking for a Senior Data Engineer to help us build great products, and select the best frameworks and tools to work with, all of that while having fun.
Being a Data Engineer at Modash
Here are some things you might do in a week as a Senior Data Engineer at Modash:
- Take ownership of building the best quality data engine for influencer marketing.
- Design, develop, and test data pipeline infrastructures and data collection.
- Collaborate with your colleagues, from pair programming to mob reviewing. We are all for one.
- You are expected to take part in every area of the data product, from brainstorming, roadmap planning, implementing, and reviewing, to releasing. Working with the CEO, CTO, engineers, sales, and customers.
- Help us choose the best technical direction by providing well-reasoned ideas on which frameworks and tools to use.
- Implement systems to monitor data quality for optimised accuracy and clarity.
- Teach and be taught through code reviews and feedback.
We don’t expect you to:
- Be dependent on others. You should be a fully autonomous and proactive individual.
- Take for granted the tasks that are assigned to you. Always question the status quo.
What we’re offering
- 60,000 - 100,000 €. Depending on skills and experience level.
- Flexible working hours ⏱. We trust you to do your job, without anyone looking over your shoulder. Do your best work whenever it suits you.
- Unlimited paid vacation time 🌴. If you’re happy & well-rested, you’ll do better work. Take the time you need to enjoy a balanced life.
- Fully remote working 🏠. As long as you have a reliable internet connection, we want you to work wherever is best for you. At home, in a café, on a beach. Whatever works.
- Personal development 🧠. When you grow, we benefit. If there’s a course, book, or conference that will help you upskill – we’ll cover it.
- Ownership 💡. You’re the expert at what you do, and so you should have the flexibility to make decisions and take action quickly. No unnecessary red tape. Got an out-of-the-box idea? You’ll have the autonomy to go ahead and try things that you might not be able to at other companies.
Who we’re looking for
- Experience as a data engineer or in a similar role.
- Experience building or maintaining ETL processes to take full ownership on data pipeline infrastructure.
- Familiarity with AWS ecosystem: Dynamodb, Redshift, Lambda, Step Functions, …
- Hands-on experience with SQL/NoSQL database design.
- You have a passion for building well-architected software.
- You have worked on product features end-to-end including scoping, architecting, coding, testing, and rolling out features.
- You have startup experience. Have you worked in a high-growth startup before? Come implement your knowledge to help us reach the next stage.
- Get-it-done attitude. We all run into roadblocks every day. We’re looking for someone who can find solutions, motivate themselves, and keep getting things done.
- You aspire to be great. We’re not shooting for mediocrity here.
- Interest in the creator economy. Our mission is to help creators get paid. You don’t need to live and breathe the creator world, but we’d like it if your values align with ours.
- We’re looking for applicants in Europe, Africa, or Middle East time zones. Ideally, you’ll have at least a few working hours overlapping with GMT+3 each day.
- You should be fluent (or nearly fluent) in English. Our team is distributed across many countries, but we work & collaborate day-to-day in English.
If you meet most (but not all) of the above criteria, don’t let that stop you from applying. We’re still interested in hearing from you.
Our tech stack 💻
- AWS with Pulumi (Infrastructure as Code)
- Node.js with Typescript on AWS Lambdas
- DocumentDB, DynamoDB, Redis, RDS
- GitHub, Yarn, Jest, Miro, Confluence, Jira, GSuite