So, you’re looking for alternatives to Modash as part of your due diligence. With countless tools for influencer marketing out there, you want to find the best one for your use case. We can help.
Our goal at Modash is to help brands & businesses find the best influencers for their marketing initiatives at scale. When we do that, creators get paid for doing what they love. Our whole team works tirelessly to make Modash the best platform out there. But we recognize that we won’t be a good fit for everyone.
So, if there’s another platform that can help you with your influencer marketing efforts leading you to pay creators fairly, we’ll happily make 9 introductions.
Have you met these 9 alternatives to Modash?
Keep scrolling to see how each platform compares to Modash so you can find the one that will work for you and your budget.
A quick aside to help you in your search, here are a few reasons other marketers choose (& stay with) Modash. At the end of this post, you’ll also find the 3 most common reasons marketers don’t choose Modash.
3+1 reasons marketers choose Modash
1. The ability to find better quality influencers & scale recruiting efforts
Modash lists every single creator with more than 1,000 followers covering every niche & any location. Customers love how easy it is to scale recruitment simply because of the sheer size of Modash’s database.
Laura Garsdal from NordVPN says, “Modash saves me about 1-2 hours a day when I’m searching profiles and list gathering. Asking influencers for metrics regarding their audiences can sometimes be complicated. With Modash I'm able to find all the information I need with a few clicks before reaching out to any influencers.”
Unlike other tools, Modash works on its own. You’ll never need to ask creators to opt-in to yet another platform to access data, collect content, or report on their performance.
2. Accessible, flexible & transparent pricing
It’s 2023 and sadly there are still companies who don’t offer free trials. These are usually the same companies who also don’t list their pricing publicly. Forcing marketers to jump through hoops (or sit through a discovery call) just to get a price.
Not only can you find Modash prices on our public pricing page, but we also offer low commitment, risk-free plans. You can easily subscribe to our basic plans and pay monthly with a credit card.
It’s easy to downgrade or even cancel if you no longer need it.
3. Non-slimy, honest, hands-on customer service
If you bypass our self-service & opt to speak to our team, you’re in for a surprise. Our sales team often hears from leads that they’re delighted by the honesty, expertise & care they get – whether they sign up or not.
We bring our people-centric, non-boring, anti-nonsense & helpful energy to all customer interactions. So, once you’ve signed on the dotted lines, our support & success team will share resources and jump on calls with you whenever you need help with Modash in specific or influencer marketing in general.
4. Bonus: 15% more accurate than the alternatives
To be frank, I’m wary of including data accuracy in this list because it’s a hard metric to prove. But that doesn’t stop other tools from saying they’re the best.
Whether we’re the best or not is not for us to say because we’re totally biased.
We can share some facts:
- Modash is one of the few influencer marketing platforms with access to the scale of data you need to be accurate. As a result, marketers have an easier time trusting Modash’s creator metrics.
- Data science teams have told us we’re more accurate than other tools.
For example, Mykhailo Kudla, Global Marketing Partnerships Lead at Bolt says, “We tested Modash against other platforms, and Modash looks much more accurate when it comes to audience data.”
And, after similar testing, the folks at Ubisoft shared that Modash is 15% more accurate than the next tool on the market.
9 Alternative tools to Modash for influencer marketing
Let’s take a look at 9 influencer marketing platforms you can use as alternatives to Modash and what they offer in comparison.
Best for: Small businesses testing influencer marketing.
Which social media platforms does Heepsy cover: Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, & Twitch.
With 11 million creators in its database, Heepsy is an affordable option for those who want to test out the influencer marketing waters. At $49 a month, you get a discovery, analytics & list tool. With these basic but essential elements in place, Heepsy is a good alternative to Modash if you’re a small business or have a small influencer marketing budget.
Heepsy vs Modash
- With only 11 million profiles in Heepsy’s database (compared to Modash’s 250+ million), brands who are trying to scale influencer marketing may run out of options. Once you narrow down influencers by platform, location, and other key selection criteria, you’ll be left with only a handful of choices. Also worth knowing is that Heepsy’s database also lacks nano influencers (creators with fewer than 5k followers).
- Heepsy is mainly a search tool with light CRM functionality. Modash, on the other hand, also offers a Monitoring tool helping you keep track of the content your influencers are posting.
- In addition to Instagram, YouTube & TikTok, Heepsy also covers Twitch, which Modash doesn’t.
- While you can search by Audience demographics for Instagram, audience demographics are missing for their other platforms. Modash Discovery includes Audience demographics across Instagram, TikTok & YouTube.
Best for: Mid-sized to large businesses.
Which social media platforms does HypeAuditor cover? Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Twitch, Twitter.
HypeAuditor offers great data and analytics to help you analyze profiles, audiences, and overall quality of influencers. Beyond these features, HypeAuditor also offers influencer discovery, outreach, account tracking, affiliate programs, product seeding, and influencer payment functionality.
HypeAuditor vs Modash
- HypeAuditor is 36% more expensive than other marketing platforms for small to mid-market businesses, according to G2. This might be cost-prohibitive for most small teams starting out with influencer marketing or who haven’t yet proven influencer marketing as a channel. It’s also hard to understand the value vs cost ratio as there is no public pricing.
- HypeAuditor covers more platforms than Modash. In addition to Instagram, TikTok & YouTube, HypeAuditor will also help you find influencers on Twitch & Twitter. It’s worth pointing out though that HypeAuditor has 72 million profiles across 5 platforms, and Modash has 250+ million profiles across 3 platforms.
- Some of HypeAuditor's more hyped metrics don’t work as intended. Take 'Est. price per post' and 'Est. cost per engagement' as an example. There are far too many factors involved in influencer pricing. An influencer might quote $200 per post to one brand, and then post about another brand for free because it better aligns with the influencer's goals – this is something that can’t be included in predictions. While interesting, the accuracy of metrics like this aren’t actually helpful.
- Modash lacks a Shopify & PayPal integration that HypeAuditor has.
Best for: Brands with large budgets looking for hands-off influencer marketing with agency support.
Which social media platforms does Upfluence cover: Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Twitch, Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook.
Upfluence is advertised as an all-in-one platform. It’s best suited for large ecommerce brands with the added benefit of agency support. Do you have a significant budget for influencer marketing and need help running complex campaigns? Upfluence could be a good alternative to Modash as it offers Discovery, Analytics, CRM, Automatic outreach, Content tracking and more.
Upfluence vs Modash
- With only 4 million profiles in their influencer pool, you’ll most likely need to purchase an additional tool to find creators who match your criteria and to be able to scale recruiting efforts over time.
- Upfluence only offers yearly plans (and no free trial) so if you find that it’s not working for you as expected, you’re locked into a year-long commitment. Modash, on the other hand, offers monthly plans giving you the ability to downgrade, upgrade or cancel at any time.
- Modash only covers the 3 most popular social networks (Instagram, TikTok & YouTube) while with Upfluence you can also find creators on Twitch, Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook & blogs.
Best for: Enterprise influencer management for large beauty brands.
Which social networks does Traackr cover? Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, Tumblr, and blogs.
Launched in 2008, Traackr is one of the OG influencer marketing platforms. Not only do they have everything you need to run large-scale influencer marketing programs, but there’s plenty of insights in the platform to help you make decisions & measure success.
Consider Traackr if you’re a big beauty brand with a mature influencer marketing program.
Traackr vs Modash
- Traackr subscriptions are only sold on a yearly or multi-years basis, requiring you to take a risk and make a large financial commitment upfront. On top of that, subscriptions aren’t affordable. At approximately $15K/yr, Traackr only allows you to track 100 influencers. For the same number of influencers, Modash charges $2,988/yr. Tracking 400 influencers through Modash is still more affordable than Traackr.
- Traackr has an impressive number of features that Modash lacks. For example, Traackr offers market trends. It should be said that some features aren’t necessary for all use cases. Unless you're an enterprise beauty brand, Traackr can feel bloated & ultimately, slow you down.
- Traackr covers 13 different platforms while Modash only covers Instagram, YouTube & TikTok. On the other hand, Modash has 250 million profiles across those 3 social networks while Traackr has 13 million creators across 13 different platforms. Some napkin math here tells us that you’ll quickly run out of options once you start narrowing your search by platform, location, niche & performance metrics.
Best for: Large ecommerce businesses needing to automate a big chunk of their workflow.
How many social media platforms does Grin cover? Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Twitch, Twitter, Facebook.
As a category leader, Grin is a suitable Modash alternative for large ecommerce businesses who have established partners you’d like to manage in a more streamlined way. Grin has more mature automations, integrations & tracking features than Modash. Modash though has a far better search & discovery engine.
More specifically Grin offers all the integrations a large eCommerce business needs, like Shopify, Magento, and WooCommerce. The platform also has features that will help automate a ton of workflows like communicating with influencers, product seeding, generating discount codes, payment & contract management.
Managing campaigns, tracking & reporting progress is also much easier with Grin with real-time tracking of sales & referrals.
Grin vs Modash
- Grin removed their creator search in 2022 and replaced it with GRINUp – an agency-lite service. The Grin team reviews creators for you and gives you a list of up to 50 leads. Could be helpful in some cases, but inadequate for high-volume recruitment.
- Grin relies on first-party authentication to get influencer demographics and other data. This means you’ll have to ask creators you’re considering working with to authenticate their accounts with Grin, adding even more complexity to an already complex process. With Modash, you can check audience data & performance metrics without talking to creators until you’re ready to.
- Modash lacks a tool to communicate with creators in-platform and doesn’t offer a payment gateway…yet.
Best for: Large sized eCommerce companies or agencies.
Which social media platforms does Klear cover? Instagram, YouTube, TikTok.
Klear is another all-in-one influencer marketing platform with influencer search, analytics, campaign management, and payment tracking. While the UI can be clunky, Klear’s large eCommerce customers are happy with their choice. One of the cooler tools that Klear has is its Monitor section. You can use it to research your competitors and see how you compare in terms of mentions and who’s talking about them and their followers.
Klear vs Modash
- Similar to other platforms, Klear requires creators to log in to the platform to authenticate their social media accounts for marketers to be able see performance metrics and track posts. This one of the sticking points for creators & adds tons of friction. With Modash, you get audience data, performance metrics and track posts without any authentication needed.
- Klear has similar key features to Modash, but Modash lacks a tool to pay creators within the app.
- It’s unclear how many influencers Klear’s database offers but customer reviews note that it can be challenging to find micro-influencers or influencers in less crowded niches. This suggests that Klear’s database isn’t large enough for ongoing recruitment.
Best for: Enterprise consumer brands looking for managed services.
Which social media platforms does Mavrck cover? Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok, Twitch, Pinterest, Twitter & blogs.
Mavrck provides end-to-end relationship management including discovery, workflow automation and content syndication.
It stands out from other platforms for two reasons: 1) as an official TikTok Marketing Partner, Mavrck is a great place to find TikTok creators, and 2) it has the ability to identify influencers from among your existing customers.
By signing up with a Facebook profile or as an ambassador, Mavrck accesses relevant social data to determine the level of influence. You can easily pay influencers within the platform and manage addresses to send products and PR packages.
Mavrck vs Modash
- Mavrck is designed for enterprise brands in mind and reports suggest that the price tag matches. Without transparent pricing though, it’s hard to compare it to other platforms without committing to a sales call.
- With only 3 million influencers in the Discovery tool, Mavrck is not as comprehensive as Modash, making it hard to find good matches. You may also struggle to find location-specific creators or in less popular niches.
- Mavrck has a few extra features that Modash doesn’t have. For example, the Incentive feature helps you reward influencers in various ways — cash, free products, gift cards, promo codes, or exclusive experiences. You can also generate reviews from influential advocates and micro-influencers and syndicate them to your eCommerce platform. Capabilities that Modash lacks.
Best for: Brands that run paid ads via influencers, and only require a very small database of creators.
Which social media platforms does #paid cover? Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Pinterest.
What sets #paid apart from other influencer marketing tools is that it offers a matching search tool instead of the traditional search functionality. Once you submit a brief, influencers can “raise” a hand to show their interest.
#paid also supports communication with creators through the app, helps you turn influencer content into paid ads, and tracks ROI.
This process is ideal for one-off campaigns but does not allow brands to scale their influencer marketing programs.
#paid vs Modash
- #paid is an easy way to try one-off campaigns as it simplifies some of the main friction points of influencer marketing, like pricing. By having transparent cost information from the start, you can better control your budget.
- #paid offers in-app tools to communicate with creators, which Modash lacks.
- #paid’s database only offers 20,000 vetted creators meaning you’ll more than likely struggle to find influencers that fit your needs. Even if you do find good matches, it’ll be impossible to scale your recruiting efforts without an extra tool or tons of manual work.
Best for: Brands running affiliate marketing.
Which social media platforms does Impact cover? Undisclosed
Impact is a solid all-in-one tool that helps marketers with their partnerships. It has everything you need to source influencers, vet, communicate and pay them, and then track performance. One feature that stands out is Cross-Device that shows you the customer journey as well as where they convert.
Impact vs Modash
- Unlike Modash, Impact offers a marketplace of vetted influencers. As a result, it’s incredibly easy to exhaust their list and difficult to keep finding new partners.
- Impact has some cool features that Modash lacks, namely tracking the entire customer journey and conversion metrics.
- Reviews note that Impact can be expensive & its pricing hard to predict. On this point, Modash’s pricing is public and you’ll always know how much you’ll spend.
Reasons why people don’t choose Modash
Hopefully, this list has helped you find an alternative to Modash that suits your needs. For some extra context, here are three reasons brands typically don’t choose Modash & go with an alternative instead.
1. Modash doesn’t show reach or impressions
Leads will often choose a competitor over Modash because our platform doesn’t offer reach or impressions in the performance data.
Most in-house marketers don’t rely on these metrics at all to make decisions; instead taking a performance-based approach and measuring success. But these are metrics that clients of marketing agencies want to see in reports.
2. Modash doesn’t offer sharing list functionality
Another reason marketing agencies choose alternatives over Modash is because agencies would like to share a list of influencers with their clients directly in Modash. As Modash lacks this functionality, agencies go with a platform that induces this.
3. Modash only lists influencers from the 3 major social networks
In the influencer & creator economy, the most popular networks are Instagram, YouTube & TikTok. At the moment, Modash only covers these networks. But in certain regions of the world, influencers do well on platforms like Facebook, Snapchat & Twitch & marketers want access to those too. This is another reason they ultimately choose an alternative to Modash.